Level : Sr. Engineer/Associate Technical Lead/Technical Lead
Location : Remote
Fareportal is a travel technology company powering a next-generation travel concierge service. Utilizing its innovative technology and company owned and operated global contact centers, Fareportal has built strong industry partnerships providing customers access to over 600 airlines, a million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies around the globe. With a portfolio of consumer travel brands including CheapOair and OneTravel, Fareportal enables consumers to book-online, on mobile apps for iOS and Android, by phone, or live chat. Fareportal provides its airline partners with access to a broad customer base that books high-yielding international travel and add-on ancillaries.
Fareportal is one of the leading sellers of airline tickets in the United States. We are a progressive company that leverages technology and expertise to deliver optimal solutions for our suppliers, customers, and partners.
- Fareportal is the number 1 privately held online travel company in flight volume.
- Fareportal partners with over 600 airlines, 1 million lodgings, and hundreds of car rental companies worldwide.
- 2019 annual sales exceeded $5 billion.
- Fareportal sees over 150 million unique visitors annually to our desktop and mobile sites.
Fareportal, with its global workforce of over 2,600 employees, is strategically positioned with 9 offices in 6 countries and headquartered in New York City.
- Design, Build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools
- Develop and maintain containerized environments
- Building and packaging of .NET websites, Windows services, web \ WCF service
- Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Hands on Experience on Cloud Environment
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with DevOps rules and regulations
- Assists with setup and maintenance of test environments for both manual and automated testing
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Co-ordinate with multiple teams ensuring smooth progress in the deployment
- Support Tech team continuous integration build environment and automated package migration processes
- VSTS administration; support and maintain version control
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of build/release systems.
- Design, document, implement, and maintain scripts to enhance current build/release processes
- Experience in Linux and Shell scripting, preferably PowerShell.
- Good experience working on agile methodology
- Hands on experience with standard DevOps tools used for configuration management (Chef), release engineering tools (VSTS, Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.), revision control (Git), issue tracking (Jira, etc.), and monitoring (Nagios, New Relic, etc.).
- Enterprise Linux and Windows experience
- Web application deployment (Nginx, Apache Tomcat, IIS)
- Familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and MSSQL.
- Knowledge of application and operating system security principles
- Experience with containerized services (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Secrets management (Hashicorp Vault, Chef Vault)
- Working knowledge of application development (Python, Ruby, C#, C++, .Net, Java, etc.)
- Automation in internal and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Hyper-V, VMware, Nutanix, etc.)
- Experience in Linux/Unix and shell/bash scripting
- Experience in automation/configuration management tools like Git, Jenkin, TFS
- Experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions with Azure/AWS
- Knowledge of an agile team environment and process
- Experience working in applications, systems or IT operations
- IIS Management / Optimization
- WebServer Maintenance / Optimization / Monitoring
- Build and Release Automation
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch
- PowerShell programming
- Serverless services deployment
- Experience in the entire software product life cycle: Development, QE and Release management.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability working in a fast pace software development environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision and within a team.
- Ability to analyse a wide range of complex software problems, then recommend solutions.