Fareportal is the second largest U.S. seller of airline tickets with over $4 billion in gross revenue. The most well-known brand of Fareportal is CheapOair with over annual 100 million online visitors.
We are seeking a Product Manager – Technical for the Growth and Retention team. The team operates at the intersection of marketing and technology, offering a rich array of customer communication solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to book (flight tickets, hotel rooms, car rental). Growth platform is Fareportal’s customer communication product for campaigns spanning emails, App push notifications and landing pages.
In this role, you will own a suite of customer communication products. You define the strategy of the new products and have end-to-end product ownership from technology strategy, prioritization and development to adoption and iteration with the business and engineering teams. You will work closely with marketing business managers and across teams at Fareportal to build products that will shape the future of customer communication channels. This is a high-impact role that requires big-picture thinking, but also strong execution, technical depth, analytical rigor and excellent communication.
The ideal candidate wants to work on projects where they are inventing solutions to real problems that require creative solutions and deep understanding of the problem space. They know how to work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results. They are comfortable engaging in technical discussions with senior engineers to define product strategy. They want to create value and impact the direction of products and business globally.
• Product ownership of customer communication products. Lead the product strategy to invent new solutions on behalf of our customers.
• Define the vision of their products and influence stakeholders and senior leaders through strong written communication skills.
• Focus intensely on current customers to ensure we’re communicating and engaging them with relevant offers that deliver value for them.
• Work/collaborate with cross-company business and product leaders to build and execute a strategic plan aligned with long-term customer growth and retention objectives.
• Create and own a product roadmap/backlog for a set of features from inception through implementation.
• Define and drive success metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) for your products and new features.
• Develop user stories, lead planning, and other agile disciplines to help your team iterate and deliver great customer communication products.
• Conduct competitive analysis, market research and user surveys/feedback sessions. Discover customer problems and new business opportunities, and design exiting features to solve them and grow business.
This is a remote role. We are open to this role from anywhere in U.S.
• 5+ years of technical product management experience
• 4+ years of experience managing technical projects from design to release
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience defining and owning KPIs of customer communication channels such as email open rate, click rate as well as revenue and transactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years’ experience in eCommerce or technology startup
• MBA and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• Great ability to identify and translate emerging trends and customer needs into workable product proposals
• Experience with inventing new solutions/products and successfully launching them
• Demonstrated agility across a host of skill sets, including customer definition, customer journey mapping, new product strategy and execution, business analytics, AB testing design and execution and running day-to-day business operations
• Product roadmap ownership with experience dealing with ambiguity, tradeoffs and prioritization
• Experience operating in a fast-moving, high-stakes environment with a proven ability to maintain composure in high pressure situations
• Experience analyzing shopping funnel with Google analytics, querying APIs and the ability to brainstorm solutions with the engineering team
• Passion for technology, curiosity to dive deep into Fareportal’s infrastructure technical products and commitment to learning and expanding technical knowledge
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer
• Flexible work hours
• Work from home
• Medical, dental and vision benefits
• Flexible spending accounts
• Travel benefits
• Team outings
• Corporate discounts